Western Cottage Organ Company
Unfortunately, this is just about all the information that’s survived the passing of time on the
Western Cottage Organ Company.
The company was located in Mendota, IL; and organised in 1875 as successor to
Carpenter, Scott and Wise; in 1887 also incorporated as Mendota Cottage Organ and Piano Co. and as the Mendota
Organ and Piano Co.;
The relocated to Ottawa, IL in 1887; also listed as Western Cottage Piano & Organ Co. Officers
in 1897: L.B. Merrifield, president; O.C. Merrifield, treasurer; A.H. Merrifield, secretary; L.W. Merrifield,
Officers in 1910: L.W. Merrifield, president; George R. Woods, vice-president and treasurer. The
factory burned in 1918 and the company apparently went out of business.
1880 - 14185 1890 - 39158
1882 - 16784 1890 - 41447
1883 - 23297 1891 - 41950
1885 - 27786 1891 - 42319
1886 - 28140 1894 – 50851
For more information click on the "home" tab above