Newman Brothers Organ Company
Unfortunately, this is just about all the information that’s survived the passing of time on the
The Company was located on 63-65 West Washington St. in 1883, 38-40 South Canal
St. in 1889, West Chicago Ave. & Dix St. in 1899, Chicago, IL.
It was established in 1881 by John, Gustav R. and Charles W. Newman, incorporated 1892. Their
capacity in 1902: 4,000 organs per year and were in business at least through 1920.
Probably also made some of the Harwood organs.
1887 - 58955, 1905 - 53385, 1920 - 76165/36345
For more information click on the "home" tab above